Flood and Water Damage Restoration Service
Flood Damage Restoration Service
Flooded carpets or Water Damage? Call your local branch Chem-Dry right now!
Water Damage Recovery
Chem-Dry has drying equipment and air movers. Timely action is essential. Remember that damage resulting from water is progressive. The longer the water flows or wet conditions exist, the more is absorbed and the greater is the recovery problem.
Merely stopping the source of the incoming water does not stop further water damage, though it is an obvious and critical first step. Our technicians are dedicated to getting your life back to normal as soon as possible. Our intention is to dry the entire structure. This will eliminate the potential for mold and mildew growth. We will respond as quickly as possible. After you have made the call to us, follow the instructions below. Hopefully this will enable you to salvage some of your precious belongings.
The extent or amount of restorative work that your insurance company will need to organise will depend upon the extent of the flooding. Any time flooding of any kind takes place in a residential or commercial setting, a drying and monitoring program must be instituted to ensure a full and complete restorative process is accomplished. Failure to do so may well create an environment in which bacteria and other microorganisms breed leading to potential health problems. Additionally, there is also the added potential for additional structural damage to flooring, walls, furniture etc. Therefore, the Technician will meet with you and arrange a schedule to regularly monitor the reduction of moisture in the building structure and air.
If damage has been caused to decorations and fixtures these will most likely be dealt with separately by your Insurers or Loss Adjusters who may have already appointed decorators or building contractors to provide them with estimates. Our priority is to leave the structure in a dry and suitable condition for other subcontractors to complete their work.
Upon completion of the restoration work the Technician will request that you sign off the work confirming that everything meets your satisfaction. This will enable the final report to be submitted to your Insurers for prompt settlement.
To minimise damage – Try the following…
- Remove as much water as possible by mopping or blotting.
- Wipe water from wood furniture after removing lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying (check for possible bleeding).
- Place aluminum foil, china saucers, or wooden blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Open drawers and cabinet doors for complete drying (do not force).
- Remove valuable paintings and art objects to a safe place.
- Open suitcases and luggage to dry.
To avoid making it worse – Do Not Try the following…
- Leave wet fabrics in place. Dry them as soon as possible.
- Leave books, magazines, or other colored printed items on wet carpets or floors.
- Use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Use TVs or other appliances while standing on wet carpets or floors, especially on wet concrete floors.
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
- Do not put wet contents on top of dry contents.
Water Damage Restoration Service Details
Emergency work may involve the following to prevent further damage and the health and safety of you, your family, the restoration Technicians and any other sub-contractors that may need access to the property.
- Application of anti-microbial solution to prevent mould and mildew growth and kill waterborne bacteria and viruses in sewage and external water incidents.
- Extraction of standing water
- Removal of content items, if applicable, deemed to be beyond economical restoration
- Moisture testing to determine the extent of moisture content in structural material, floor coverings and in the air
- Installation of drying equipment such as dehumidifiers and air-movers.
Chem-Dry has locations all throughout Southern Africa ready to serve your residential
or commercial cleaning needs. Simply call our toll-free number to be routed to your
nearest Chem-Dry location who can give you a quote and schedule service.
Call today 080 243 6379
Contact Your Franchise