Pet Urine Odour Removal Products
P.U.R.T.® is a revolutionary new Pet Urine Odour Removal Products specially formulated to eliminate urine odours.
This product has shown excellent results on even the most severe urine damage. Urine in carpeting is a severe problem that requires major restoration work, not just simple cleaning and treating.
But now with the revolutionary P.U.R.T.® product your most severe urine damaged areas can be saved.
Facts You Need To Know About Pet Urine In Your Carpeting:
Urine deposited on carpet does not stay there, it penetrates the fibres and contaminates both the backing of the carpet and the ﬂooring material below the carpet. Often, without you knowing, pets will urinate continually in the same general location. Urine odours can permeate from the ﬂoor, be it cement or wood, from the tack strip, and even from the framework of the house behind the walls.
As the urine dries, the liquid evaporates but the urine crystals become even more concentrated and pungent. Simple cleaning will not remove this odour. Until recently, there was not a product available that was effective at removing urine odours.
When P.U.R.T. contacts the source of the odour, it immediately begins a chemical reaction that destroys the urine odour.
How P.U.R.T. Works
- The source and severity of the odour are determined, then the carpet will be rinsed and extracted with a hot water rinse to remove the bulk of the urine crystals.
- In worst cases, the carpet is pulled back in the suspected areas to reveal the extent of the damage.
- If necessary, the pad will need to be removed and replaced.
- An odor blocking shellac may need to be applied to the sub floor if determined necessary.
- P.U.R.T. will then be applied heavily to the tack strip, the sub ﬂoor, the baseboards and the carpet backing. It is necessary to apply this product heavily enough to dampen all areas affected by the urine.
- Over the next 24 to 36 hours, the ingredients in P.U.R.T. will react with the urine, and break down the odour causing components.